We are a neighbourhood organic grocery store with great quality, fresh, organic, unpackaged foods and products. We host events in their cellar and gives back to the community through local & global organisations that are at the forefront in making positive change. We believe in supporting small certified organic farms and local producers from South Australia with the belief that providing access to whole foods and unpackaged products makes a big difference in our lives, our community, and our planet.
We setup in an old building that once was a greengrocer between 1955-1973 in Mile End, 5031, Adelaide.
Our Commitment to you
- All fresh produce is from certified organic/biodynamic Australian farmers
- On average +80% of our fresh produce is from local SA growers - so we are mostly seasonal
- We focus on unpackaged foods for a zero waste lifestyle
- We have a passion for cruelty free living
- Building long term fair partnerships with local farmers, growers & producers is really important to us
- No genetically modified ingredients
- Really strict ingredient lists across all food, body and home ingredients/products
- Only ethically sourced palm oil
- Unpackaged options wherever possible so we can give great prices with less packaging
To the community
- We try to get to know you by name, and say "g'day" not "next" - if you don't feel like a chat just let us know
- We strive to treat you like a guest in our own home - if you can't see it, ask us
- We gladly give food and donations to support local & global organisations that are at the forefront in making a positive change
- We volunteer as a team and participate in local events
- We invest in our team and grow The Simple Market family from within
To the Environment
- We try to think of the environment in all our decisions
- We used paint containing no volatile organic compounds for both the inside and outside of our historic building.
- Our shop fit out included recycled materials where possible and was made in store with the help of family and friends.
- We conserve energy with LED lights, economical cool room refrigeration
- Reducing, Reusing & Recycling is such a big priority of ours.
- We encourage you to bring back any soft plastics that you buy from us so we can recycle them
- We encourage and support the use of reusable bags, jars, containers
- Excess food we give to local organisations
- We compost when we do have fruit/veggie scraps - compost or die!